Thursday, May 31, 2007

ANOTHER CHANGE

So I decided that Broadcast Center just wasn't for me. I am no longer enrolled there, and am awaiting a refund for part of my tuition. Not all is lost though. I did learn a lot while I was there, I just don't think I'm "radio" material, and that's pretty much what they are gearing you for there.

Yesterday, I went to an audition / interview at Images of St. Louis / John Robert Powers Modeling & Acting Agency, with the idea that they might be able to help me get into Voice Acting.

Today they called me back and told me they want to represent me for Modeling and Acting as well as Voice work. Apparently I don't have a "face for radio" as Dawn said. Dawn is the National Director for John Robert Powers, and will be my main contact with them. She is HQ'd in LA, so she wants to get my picture out there ASAP.

This is pretty exciting, but I am going to remain level-headed and even-keeled so as to not put the cart before the horse.

Just another step towards doing something fun with life. Hang on, it's going to be a fun and fast ride i think!

Jon

Labels: